CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Things that Unconditional Love Makes Us Do

My Pa passed away. I cannot put into words just how much that freakin' sucks. That was 2 weeks ago. We left the day after he died, for Seagraves. The following Saturday we returned to Arlington. I had to talk to my stepdad about inheritance issues. That was strange to do. In the process, however, he informs me that we can't keep living here due to his injuries and lack of income due to said injuries. Granny and Papa had asked me several times about staying with them, which I didn't really want to do. However, when it came time to leave, I was distraught. So, Mike asked if I could take Heath and go live with my Granny to care for her and everyone else. The following Monday, I took Mike to Dallas for shoulder surgery. It was a mess! The doctor wasn't sure he'd be able to fix it, but he did the best he could. Although the surgery injury hurts, Mike said the constant pain it had been in is gone. So, that's good, I s'pose. Tuesday Mom called to check on Granny. She said she was fine, but that Papa had gone to bathe but wouldn't get out of the tub. Mom was worried, but granny said he was just having a moment and to let it lie. Wednesday Mom called, due to a gut feeling, and Granny informs her that Papa was STILL in the tub. Mom called Aunt Judy, but she was in Monahans. She then called Papa's oldest daughter Dana, but she was in Cisco. Judy called Uncle David at the high school where he teaches, and he went to check on him. Judy said that prior to her leaving she'd gone to granny's to take the mail, and she didn't see Papa (this was tuesday). She figured he'd gone to the bathroom, so she just left the mail on the counter. The next morning she by again, to drop the mail off, and everything was just as she'd left it the day before. This worried her. Like I said, it's been 2 weeks since Pa died, so David and Judy are still in shock. Judy didn't know what to think, so she walked to the back, and found Granny in her room watching TV. She told her that Papa was in the bathtub, and would she mind checking on him. Judy knocked on the door, and he mumbled something to her. She figured he was fine. At this point is when Mom called Judy, and they put two and two together. He'd been in the bathtub for 48 hours!! Granny tried to coax him out, but he refused. He said he was happy where he was, it was cool, comfortable, and he was fine. Granny took him a towel to sit on, brought him a blanket and pillow, and left him. She would occasionally go in there to try to get him out, but he'd run her out. So, after Mom and Judy make their discovery, Judy then called David and he went over there. He asked Papa if he was okay, and Papa asked him to help him get out of the bathtub. David said he was shaking, had sores all over him, he was sick, coherent at first but didn't make sense after he got out of the tub, and he was bleeding somewhere and if got on David's clothes. He put him in bed, and told him he'd be back when he got off of work (was only a couple of hours), and he would then be taking him to the hospital. Well, the hospital kept him, and Papa agreed to go into a nursing home. So, at this point, Granny is sitting in that big house alone. She can't be alone, because there are times when she hurts so bad she can't go to the kitchen for a drink of water. She refuses to leave her house, but that is a whole other issue. I should interject at this point that she has a friend (she's a bit younger than Mom), that comes by and checks on her. Leisha is her name. Leisha also picks their meds up for them, and brings them groceries. Granny pays her, of course, but they have become friends. That's great! However, Leisha can't move in, she's in college and has her own family to take care of. So, what I'm leading to is that it looks like I get to go to Seagraves and take care of everyone. Yay. That's a sarcastic Yay. If I didn't love my Granny so damn much.....lol I leave tomorrow night. I said goodbye to Brenda and Sherri tonight. I can't talk about that....

1 comments:

Tisha said...

wow. you're moving. i figured i'd come here to get the scoop and just like you do - you have it for me. :) I'm so sorry that so much has been going on with things lately. i hope it settles soon and that you guys get settled in well. what a change. DFW to Seagraves. Hope you have a computer and the internet! :)